Monday, March 15, 2010

Reading and writing

I have almost finished the first draft of my introduction and at the same time I'm reading books for the "Popular culture and Videogames" course I'm taking with professor Jay Bolter as my teacher. The social aspects of both Edward Castronova's Synthetic Worlds and Lawrence Lessig's Code 2.0 have been both illuminating and fun and also a bit closer to what I'm interested in, whereas the perspectives in Jesper Juul's Half-Real and Espen Aarseth's Cybertext feel less useful for me personally. The course will continue with Mia Consalvo's Cheating and T.L. Taylor's Play Between Worlds.

I hope to be done with the introduction by the end of this week and I also hope to have finished a 2500-word paper for the The Culture of Ubiquitous Information seminar by then as well. Yet another busy week.

No comments: