Wednesday, February 03, 2010

The next step

I had a meeting with Jay Bolter yesterday and we talked about my research project. I have become a lot clearer about my focus and wrote a new version of my outline earlier today. I wrote the following as a summary:
    For my dissertation I am studying the rules that govern various role-playing communities in Second Life, and analyzing the interplay between the strategies and intentions of the community leaders and the response and feedback these invoke from the community members. What kind of communities do people prefer to be a part of, how do they react to various levels of control, what do they get out of being in these environments, and on what grounds do some of them decide to leave the community?

What I would like to do is pretty clear in my mind at the moment. I guess I will just continue to write.

No comments: