Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Back in the Saddle

I've just finished a first draft of my method's chapter, and even though I'm sure I will rewrite it a bit, it still feels good to be done. I have also written the first few pages of my introduction, and I will continue with that tomorrow. There is something about the extreme focus when writing that I really like. It leaves me completely drained, but also euphoric at the same time.

I have also taken the time to do a backup of all the parts of my dissertation at Backpack and I have also uploaded chat logs from all the 26 interviews I've conducted with people in Second Life. I would really be a disaster if I lost all that. So I guess I'm pretty much on top of it at the moment. I hope, and honestly think, that 2010 will be a really good year...

2 comments:

Deirdre said...

Sounds like you are really on top of things. Keep things tidy. Organised. It makes things so much easier.

How much longer before you have to submit your thesis?

And how many hours a day do you generally dedicated to writing?

Mia said...

Hi Deirdre,

I will probably submit my thesis in December this year in time for my mock defence early next year. I will most likely be defending my thesis "for real" in June 2011, but no dates have been finalized yet.

In periods when I'm writing I'm usually spending a lot of time doing it, up to ten hours a day. It all depends on whether there is anything dragging me away from it (which my children or my partner might do at times).