Saturday, October 03, 2009

Home Again

I've "landed" after a pretty eventful week. As you might have realised, the PhD course on methods and methodology at Roskilde university was very, very interesting. I learned so much about the importance of articulating my own methodological approach and I look forward to exploring this much further in the upcoming months. I'm currently half-way into an ethnographical methods course taught by my secondary supervisor, Mikael Jakobsson, and we will talk about Erving Goffman's influence at the next seminar. Additionally, Louise Phillips and Lisbeth Frølunde convinced me of the potential value of discourse analysis to my dissertation project, which has lead to me intending to go back to Roskilde later this autumn to attend a discourse analysis course for PhD candidates.

Yesterday, I also had the opportunity to meet with my main supervisor, professor Jay Bolter, again, since he is spending a few days in Karlskrona, and it was great. We had lunch, discussed recent events and decided on what to do next. We will actually create a new course where the two of us will be focusing on discourse analysis.

Last, but not least, I would very much like to thank the people at Roskilde University and my fellow PhD students for many good discussions and a really interesting and thought-provoking course.

No comments: