Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Another Book Chapter on the Way

In March I was asked to write a chapter for the upcoming Literary Art in Digital Performance volume (Continuum Books), edited by Dr. Francisco J. Ricardo, and I finished a chapter called "Identity to Fit the Environment: Power, Authority and the Creation of Avatars in Second Life Role-Playing Sims" by late April. Things have been pretty quiet since then, but yesterday I was thrilled to receive some news about formatting and publishing (the volume seems to be due in late 2009). Today I've spent most of the day changing citations and sources, and I will continue to do that tomorrow as well. It actually feels great to know that the project is moving along and I think it will be a great book with contributions from (among others) Katherine N. Hayles and Rita Raley.

Last Sunday I also got news about another anthology which has just been reviewed for the (hopefully!) last time by Rodopi, Cyberculture and New Media, and it will (hopefully!) be out of the press by February or March 2009. My contribution to this volume is called "De-Colonizing Cyberspace: Post-Colonial Strategies in Cyberfiction." Francisco is the editor on this one as well, and I would like to take the opportunity to thank him for his amazing work.

2 comments:

Deirdre said...

That's great news regarding your 'Identity to Fit the Environment' chapter. It sounds really interesting. Can't wait to get a look at it.

I don't know how you find the time to do all of this writing...

Mia said...

Thank you! I am doing revisions right now and I'm just as interested in seing the final result. The title will change, but I'll keep you posted. :)