Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Sea, sun, sails...

I'm in Århus, Denmark, right now - in a beautiful apartment in a very old building overlooking the harbour in the town centre. There are a lot of sails out there and I kind of envy the people out on the boats a bit. Luckily, I'll stay here for one more month and I'm currently busy finishing the American 20th century literature course. A few books left to read. I have just finished Paul Auster's New York Trilogy and John Steinbeck's The Grapes of Wrath. Right now I'm reading Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar.

This morning I went for a walk in the old and very beautiful town centre. No doubt I will have more time to similar excursions in the days to come. It will also be interesting to celebrate Skt. Hans Eve here in Denmark instead of Midsummer in Sweden the coming weekend. But I'd better get back to reading...

No comments: