Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Seminar in Uppsala and the Digital Cultures Course Starting

Yesterday I flew to Uppsala for a theory seminar and, especially for those of you who have seen my Twitter posts or my Skype comments, the names Mieke Bal, Shlomith Rimmon-Kenan, Viktor Shklovsky, and Roman Jakobson should sound familiar. It was a very interesting seminar, but I was tired when I came home just after 8 pm last night. On top of it all my Internet connection wasn't working, which lead to a landline phone call to Thomas in Denmark. (Not used to being forced to use the landline... Yeah, I'm spoiled...)

Today Maria and I have been busy preparing for tomorrow's workshop, where we're going to create blogs for everyone on the Digital Cultures course that began yesterday. (Unfortunately I missed the introduction yesterday, but Maria and Jay were there and they report it had been a good one.) The DigCultMasters blog was created by Maria and me today and we will use it as a platform from which to run the course.

No comments: