Friday, March 09, 2007

Heidegger, Benjamin and Some Other Stuff

The Naval Museum
The Naval Museum,
originally uploaded by miabacke.
Tuesday morning. The sun is attempting to get through the clouds east of the Naval Museum in Karlskrona. I was on my way home to read Martin Heidegger's "The Question Concerning Technology" and Walter Benjamin's "The Work of Art in the Age of Its Technological Reproducibility." Especially the first is very dense, but interesting. A seminar was scheduled for Wednesday afternoon, and the discussion proved so interesting that we continued on Thursday afternoon as well.

Today I'm on the couch in my living room reading and writing. I'm supposed to write a definition of technology, and in the light of the last few day's discussion I'm framing it in a slightly different way than I would have before that. The texts and the discussions provided me with a bridge I needed, but didn't know how to express. Thank you, Fred and Malin!

No comments: