Sunday, February 18, 2007

My Room at Shoreham Hotel

My room at Shoreham hotel
My room at Shoreham hotel,
originally uploaded by miabacke.
This is where I am right now. It's 6.21 pm here in NYC, but my body is still on Swedish time, so for me it feels like midnight. And since I woke up at 4 am, I'm pretty tired by now. Anyway, I'm enjoying myself.

The journey was not too bad. No delays at least. And I managed to read The Great Gatsby (again) and also two thirds of the first book in John Dos Passos's U.S.A. trilogy, The 42nd Parallel, on the way here. Copenhagen Airport was fine and Newark wasn't too bad either. Even immigrations wasn't such a big deal today, and the bus to Manhattan was quick and easy as well. Then I walked from the corner of 8th Avenue and 42nd Street to the hotel on West 55th Street. But it feels good to be here... and I intend to sleep tonight!

No comments: