Friday, February 23, 2007

At Hartsfield-Jackson Airport, Atlanta

In what is equivalent to Swedish summer temperatures, I am right now waiting to board my flight to Newark, then continuing to Birmingham where I'll arrive early tomorrow morning. A few hours there, then off to Copenhagen and then a train/bus to Karlskrona. A pretty long journey, which has been made longer by the SAS flight from Newark to Copenhagen being cancelled "due to a technical problem." Anyway, I'm on my way...

I've been here in Atlanta since yesterday, visiting professor Jay Bolter at Georgia Tech. I also had the opportunity to meet Celia Pearce (with whom I'll probably have quite a lot of contact in the future), as well as the New Zealand game artist Julian Oliver, currently based in Berlin.

My stay in New York was amazing. Discussing my research project with Mary Flanagan was very confusing, exciting, frustrating and useful. I sat in on meetings and classes, among other things Values @ play, a collaborative project between her group at Hunter College and a group at NYU.

My project has changed quite a lot, primarily through my discussions with Mary and Jay, but the dinner last night was also illuminating. We'll see where it all takes me.

Ok... Boarding now...

2 comments:

Bryan's workshop blog said...

Have a good flight! Sorry for the delay. Sorrier still we didn't get to meet up. :(

Best wishes for reading, thinking, napping, and getting over the time difference -

Mia said...

Thanks Bryan... I wish we could have met too. But there will be more opportunities I hope.

I just got back. Luggage still in the air. Far too many hours spent in the chaos at Copenhagen airport. Now I'm off to bed...