Monday, December 18, 2006

Soon Christmas

The last few weeks have been rather hectic. The courses I teach have finished, but I'm reading a lot for my own course work. The focus is still on Modernism, and I spent the last week coming to terms with Ástráður Eysteinsson's The Concept of Modernism. It's a really good book and it has helped me a lot when trying to get the hang of the different viewpoints that can be applied to Modernism. What I found especially useful was his chapter on realism. I think I will use that...

On Thursday my sons finish school and soon enough we will be on our way to Dalarna, where my parents live. It's a pretty long drive, and the weather this time of year is not necessarily reliable. But once we're there I'll probably realise that it in fact is Christmas.

No comments: