Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Looking forward to Advent - and a Lot of Other Things

Star
Star,
originally uploaded by miawb.
In Sweden it's dark right now, almost December and no snow here in the south... It's still comparatively warm. In a few weeks the days will be as short as they get, and at that point we might have 7 or 8 hours of daylight. At the same time the Christmas season is about to begin. People hang stars in their windows – this is one of mine – and we light candles, so even if it's dark outside, every house is lit up and the effect is pretty amazing.

It has been decided that I'm going to New York in February, and I've booked the tickets today. I'll be there for almost a week and I'll go there primarily to meet Mary Flanagan. Looking forward to it – very much... :)

Another piece of news: The League of Worlds 4 will definitely happen. Not on the dates I mentioned before though, the new dates are October 9-13, 2007. Please write it down! Call for papers will be out soon, I hope.

Right now I'm on the couch relaxing and having tea. I should be reading, and perhaps I will continue soon. Second Life is down. The scheduled update takes longer than expected, but it doesn't really matter. Everything is pretty ok right now.

No comments: