Monday, October 30, 2006

Live Blogging from AppState

I've just had my presentation and I think it went pretty well. Right now we're gathering again after lunch to listen to a few more presentations. We're slightly behind schedule, but it was interesting to hear how Rodney Riegle used the EverQuest environment to model his courses; Owen Kelly and Camie Lindeberg talking about the Marinetta project. I was next and I talked about the creation of avatars in Second Life. Margarita Ruiz then ended the morning session with her talk on international virtuality and the life of a student avatar. And now the afternoon session begins.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you sure about this

Mia said...

Well, since you're sitting beside me, Roberto, I think you can verify whether I'm sure about it or not... ;)

Anonymous said...

are you next to me? I thought it was a vision!

Mia said...

At this point I'm not entirely sure what is virtual and what is real... Does "real" exist and in that case is that what we are doing now? ;)

Anonymous said...

no, right now we are constructing our reality for the moment.

the moment is real only if we let it be

Mia said...

Do we let it?

Anonymous said...

sure, why not

Mia said...

ok. In that case I guess we are in a lecture hall at AppState listening to Mark Riedl

Anonymous said...

:-)