Sunday, June 04, 2006

Back in Karlskrona again

The summer school has started with a dinner in a really old house in the town centre. Erik Falk, a colleague of mine from Karlstad University, and I arrived just in time. The food was good (I was really hungry) and it was interesting to meet all the new people. Unfortunately I don't feel as well prepared as I should, since the last week has been hectic to say the least. I hope the summer school will be both productive and interesting and it certainly has the potential to be so. We'll see what happens when I've "landed."

Danuta Fjellestad here at Blekinge Institute of Technology has arranged a meeting on the 8th with Jay Bolter from Georgia Tech, Rolf Lundén from Uppsala University and myself. We are going to discuss my dissertation and the course work I need to do for my thesis. It feels really good to be able to get going on that too. Personally, I would like to take it in the direction of virtual worlds and I think it might be possible to do that.

Speaking of virtual worlds... Roni Linser from Simplay.net has initiated a distance education project in collaboration with GippsTAFE, which will take place in Second Life. I've been invited to join in and it feels really exciting. It will be interesting to see where it will take us...

No comments: