Sunday, August 28, 2005

A Mini Holiday

Brunsberg I
Brunsberg I,
originally uploaded by miawb.
We have just returned from a wonderfully quiet and relaxing weekend in the tiny village Strand by lake Värmeln near Brunsberg (not very far from Arvika in Värmland). Even though it was a bit too cold for swimming, the three children still couldn't stop themselves when they saw the lake.

The dinner last night was extraordinary and both today and yesterday we took long walks (we needed that!) and we found chanterelles in the forest nearby. Ewa and I talked and talked and talked, while the boys were busy playing GameBoy, talking to the sheep (yes, literally!) or practicing somersaults. The boys and I would like to take this opportunity to send a big "thank you" to Ewa and Carl!

I almost succeeded in staying away from work...

No comments: